Monday, September 14, 2009

4 Weeks In

A brief recap of what I've learned during this past week's training:

(1) Ankles are a surprisingly sensitive area of the body.

(2) 8 miles are a LOT harder to run through than 7. Running into a giant spider web does not help make the distance any easier.

(3) Nothing helps haul one's bum into gear like dropping $88 in registration fees to run a half
marathon through the city of Baltimore. (October 10th if anyone wants to cheer me on!)

(4) Motivation to run is hard to come by after a full day of work and crappy weather conditions. Is this part of the mental wall I've heard so much about?

This week is my "easy" training week, which I think means I don't have to run too many runs before this weekend's long run. We'll be running with the team that's training for the Baltimore full marathon (also Oct 10th, so they're doing a 20mi run), so this will be the first time I get to practice eating goo and stopping for water/hydration breaks during a run. I've heard some fairly entertaining tales about varying levels of success people have drinking/eating while running, so this ought to be interesting.


I'll try to take pictures.

Based on comments on my last post, I will definitely be sending SASE with my fliers. If you'd like to help out (and ANY amount will help) please send me your mailing address at adj.nanaye@gmail.com and I'll send a flier along post haste.

Thanks, y'all! :) And thanks for all the support!!!



No comments: