Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What to do with those post-Easter goodies


Once again I am being a slack blogger, but fear not: I have something to tide you over until my next post.

I came across this little number via Tastespotting. While I initially had to suppress my gag reflex, it actually doesn't sound that bad.

...Of course, this is coming from someone who's split a fried Snickers with someone in the past.

Happy belate Holy Zombie Day! Enjoy!!

***********************************************************************

Deep Fried Cadbury Caramel Eggs
(Recipe and Photos courtesy of Culinary Concoctions by Peabody)

6-8 Cadbury Caramel Eggs (frozen)
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
2 TBSP dark brown sugar
1 TBSP Lyle’s Golden Syrup
1 ¼ cup flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder


In a deep skillet, heat about four cups of oil over medium-high heat until hot.
Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it sizzles right away without smoking, it’s perfect.

No comments: