Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Signage: Poster Favs from the Rally to Restore Sanity

This past weekend Tony and I (and my sisters and brother-in-law) braved the traffic, the crowds, and the Red Line to take part in the Rally for Sanity on the national Mall. It was pretty epic: epically crowded, epically entertaining, and epically inspiring. There's not much to tell that hasn't been covered by most major media outlets, so instead I'm just posting a few of my favorite shots from the day.

p.s. Favorite overheard quote: "You've got something you want to say to me?? Well, why don't we discuss it over a cup of coffee!!!"


Happy ralliers in our ex-boyfriend finest.

The view of the crowds from 7th and G Streets.

The first of many signs. And more crowds, of course.

A shout-out to one of my favorite Far Side bits.


The wisdom of Yoda.

I did, too!


I was actually trying to get a photo of Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters, but the sign is good, too.


Way to represent, New Zealand!


So the whole thing actually reads: "I found Jesus. (He was hiding from your AK 47s.)" Way to
time a photo, guy in sunglasses.


I'm not sure who this guy was, but he and 3 others were dressed up like aliens seeking equal rights.


"Scary" baby.


Best sign at the event.

No comments: