Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Incentives & Garment Shopping

I'm slooowly working my way back to being regularly active. Mostly, this entails taking my butt out of my car and walking to and from work. It's about a mile each way, which is no small feat early in the morning. For me, at least - I'm not a morning person.

I'm also becoming accustomed to the fact that I need to invest in some quality gear. The shoes I've got - thanks to the kind folks at the Running Store in Georgetown, I found out that I over-pronate (i.e., I roll my feet when I walk). Thus, I ended up with a nice new pair of Asics. Now I just need to pick up the proper undergarments - the regular sports bras I've had since undergrad just aren't going to cut it - and I am set!

The Kick Off Breakfast where I get to meet the other runners and tri-athletes is a mere 2 weeks away. I cannot wait! I'm really looking forward to seeing who else is willing to sacrifice their weekends, shins and knees for a great cause.

Speaking of which, I've decided to up the ante for my donors!

Silver level donors ($100)
will receive an LLS Canvas Tote Bag!


Gold level donors ($250)
will receive a TnT Duffle Bag!


Remember to spread the word!

Orlando Run: 150 days and counting...

No comments: