Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good Idea/Bad Idea?

I'm generally a little leery of food items where the phrase "stuffed with" is the highlight of the dish. I find that things can get a bit out of hand and then you're left with an excessive amount of cheese or peanut butter or something that will likely do nothing more than stain a perfectly good outfit or distend one's stomach.

There are, of course, exceptions: tacos, burritos, purses stuffed with a handful of designer accessories. I even enjoy a well made chicken roulade or Tagalong cookie.

So I'm a tad suspicious of a post shared earlier by the good folks at Serious Eats, where they introduced something at once both fascinating and slightly nauseating:

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the Cookie-Stuffed Cookie.

Basically, you take a chocolate chip cookie and impregnate it with an Oreo. Or, in a second recipe contained in the post, you jam a Nutter Butter into a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie.
Yum?

So, I'll leave it to you to decide: Good idea or bad idea? I'll make one or the other based on feedback and then share my personal findings.

(Results from the last poll are to be posted tomorrow. You can check out the Serious Eats post about cookie-stuffed cookies here.)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I think you should make them and send some to me. If I wasn't on this diet I would be all over these puppies.

Unknown said...

Gotta say - I'm oddly intrigued by the oreo stuffed chocolate chip....

Medifast Coupons said...

I have made the oreo ones and they are awesome. No really really awesome, the kids loved them, the husband thought I was crazy when I told him what I made, but he sure didn't hesitate to eat four :) Really good cookies.