Monday, November 17, 2008

Ewwww!

So I was at Target yesterday when I felt something scratching my foot. I figured it was just a splinter from our wood floor, so I took off my shoe and then turned my sock inside out.

However, instead of a splinter of wood, what should fall out of my shoe but a big, gnarly spider cricket leg! (Spider crickets - which look like small weta - run rampant in our basement, which is particularly unfortunate, as that is where our bedroom happens to be located.)


To top it off, when I turned to look at my shoe...a rather dazed and slowly dying spider cricket was staring back at me.

I'd been wearing my shoes for a little over an hour at that point but somehow managed to stifle my scream.

I've been rigorously shaking out my shoes ever since.

1 comment:

Laroux said...

Oh my! We have those in our basement as well. They freak me out badly! When we first moved into my house I thought they were regular crickets so I was just going to throw it outside and when I bent down to pick it up I stopped and looked at it, I about jumped out of my skin. Haha! they look so weird. Im sure if I found one in my sock or shoe I would have had a COW! :D I give you coo dos for not freaking out.