Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's a beautiful morning!!!

I lack words to describe what I'm feeling right now. Partly because it's almost 1am and I am flipping exhausted, but also because I can't find the words that fully depict what all I'm feeling. It's cheesy, but it's like a fog has been lifted and for once I am looking at the morning and the next day not only with hope and optimism, but with unbridled excitement. As President Elect (!) Obama gave his acceptance speech tonight I felt my eyes grow a little glossy and my cheeks strain to hold my now semi-permanent smile for yet another hour.

I've lived to see several moments in history - some good (fall of the Berlin Wall) and some not so good (9/11). But for once, I have an experience I'm aching to share. I cannot wait to tell my children about the day our country lived up to its potential and what a truly beautiful moment it was.

No comments: