Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Man's abandoned best friend



Consider this my request for philanthropy (courtesty of my buddy, Stephanie):

***************

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know, this past weekend I took in a stray dog that my boss found in her neighborhood. I've been meaning to do foster work for a long time, and found that this was the perfect opportunity to do so. I'm working with the rescue Recycled Love in order to get the stray, named Amber, medical attention and a good home.

On Monday I dropped Amber off at the vet's for a series of tests. I got the results back yesterday. For the most part she is good, however, the vets found that she has a grade 3 heart murmur (out of 6). They said that due to her age (she is 6yrs old), she should see a cardiologist in order to determine how serious the heart murmur is and what can be done for her.

A cardiologist is expensive, so Recycled Love and I are going to try to raise the money in order to get Amber the medical attention she deserves. So, I am asking all of you that if you can contribute, please do so (even $5 will help!). Recycled Love will be posting information for donations on their website in the near future. But until then, I'll be collecting what I can. If you can contribute anything I know that Amber will be most appreciative (attached is her picture). Also, please spread the word around.

I know that many of you know how special pets are and would do anything for your own. Please help me out with Amber as she is a good dog and deserves a great life! Thank you!



*************

So if you can buck up and help out, just head to http://recycledlove.org/and donate whatever you can.

Thanks!


Adj, Steph, & Amber

No comments: